Privacy bug in Facebook Timeline cover photos
Well just think before you upload a new cover photo on the recently launched Facebook Timeline profile. For those who don’t know, a cover photo is the new banner or header of your profile on Facebook. You can change it and upload a new cover photo or select from the existing photos anytime you want to. timeline facebook cover pics
But there’s a privacy bug (feature according to Facebook) in these cover photos. You can track it by Facebook Profile Tracker These cover photos are public and anyone on Facebook can access it and view or download your photo even in high-resolution. Moreover not just the current cover photo, but your whole cover photos album is public. Let’s have a look at few things you should know about these cover pics.
- Cover Photos are ‘Public’ and anyone on Facebook can see it.
- Not just your current cover photo, but your whole album is publicly visible.
- This album is visible to people in your restricted list as well.
- People can download or view all your cover photos.
- Unfortunately there’s no way of hiding a cover photo or its album. It’s public by default.
- You have to manually delete a cover photo to hide it from public.
Keeping these photos public isn’t a good idea and there should be an option of making this album private. I hope Facebook will change it after another legal action against them for invading user privacy. You can download your facebook photos in zip with PhotoLive Online Tool Download Facebook Albums ZIP…